Charity Text Donation Seminar a Success
AIME and PhonepayPlus jointly ran a free one day Charity Text Donation Seminar in London on Friday 19th February. This was well attended by many small charities who came to learn more about how to use text donations to improve their fundraising, make sure that their marketing campaigns are compliant, learn the importance of increasing donations by Gift Aid and to ensure the audit standards are good.
As well as regulatory updates from PhonepayPlus, there were highly informative presentations from Telefonica, OpenMarket, Instagiv, Cymba, Vir2, Open Fundraising, Fonix and BBC Children in Need.
With positive feedback from the attendees it has been suggested that this event is run on an annual basis to ensure the spread of the successful intelligence sharing. A link to the presentations for the day is here.
You can also read about the event on PhonepayPlus’ blog here.
Feedback from the day:
I attend the Charity Seminar last week and I just wanted to say thank you for such a well-organised, informative day. It was really useful and I hope there will be a similar seminar next year! Samaritans
Thank you for organising Friday. It felt like a good session, let’s do it again soon. Open Fundraising
Great event. Informative, relevant and enjoyable. Can’t ask for more! OpenMarket
Well done on organising such a great day. RSM2000
This event was so informative and useful, and should definitely be an annual event! Parkinsons UK
AIME welcomes Ibs Ali of Open Market, Alan Partington of Telecom 2 and Alex Haffner of Dentons to the Board
The Association for Interactive Media and Entertainment –AIME is pleased to announce the addition of three new members, Alan Partington, Ibs Ali and Alex Haffner to its Board of Directors.
AIMEs Board directs and oversees the operation of the Association as well as playing an active role in managing working groups and providing feedback regarding the industry sectors that AIME represents. AIME attempts to ensure that the board represents every vertical market that comprises membership.
Alan Partington from Telecom2 (www.telecom2.net) is a welcome addition to the Board to ensure that AIMEs focus on fixed line services remains strong as the industry enters its most significant transitional period with the introduction of split charging for consumers for calls to non-geographic service number ranges such as 09, 08 and 118. Alan replaces BT stalwart Graham Pottie and was uncontested.
Ibs Ali from Open Market (www.openmarket.com) is the Head of Account Management with responsibility for the commercial and operational delivery of mobile messaging and mobile payments solutions across OpenMarket’s client base. The client base includes AIMEs membership in Charity and Broadcast. Ibs previous experience includes News International, MINICK and Net Mobile and is an active participant in AIMEs working groups.
Alex Haffner from Dentons (www.dentons.com ) is a Senior Associate at Dentons and has been opted on to the AIME Board to bring in his experience in the Regulatory and Competition Law fields. Alex will also be beneficial for the AIME board for his ability to assist with broader Board level discussions around the evolution of financially regulated micropayment services such as eMoney and Payment Services. Alex brings with him broad experience in the areas that AIME operates and his expertise in competition law relates to AIMEs strength in putting competitors together to examine common issues or opportunities
Chairman Edward Boddington stated today “We have a superb board with represented expertise from across the membership covering Broadcast, Mobile, Fixed line, Service Provision and Digital services promotion. These new Board Members, help us to complete the picture, replacing other board members that we have sadly lost due to changing roles. I am very excited to be working with Alex, Ibs and Alan to strengthen AIME as a valuable and important trade association for the interactive media and entertainment industries.
Enterprises in all industries and across all geographies recognise that mobile communications are dramatically altering how we engage with each other. Mobile is influencing which brands we buy, changing the companies we work for, and further driving the requirement for personalised, relevant customer and employee engagement.
OpenMarket provides a secure and reliable platform for major enterprises to engage their key audiences with a service commitment to back it up. Their market experience and trusted relationships with mobile operators across the globe enable faster time to market, and ongoing delivery and support for your mobile initiatives. In addition, the OpenMarket payments platform offers a low-friction, convenient, safe and dependable way for your customers to pay. Furthermore, the company works closely with AIME and Phonepayplus to ensure that all its payments customers respect the Phonepayplus Code of Practice.
Enterprises choose OpenMarket as their mobile partner for a number of reasons: domain expertise, service flexibility, demonstrated network performance and reliability, global scale and corporate maturity.
Domain Expertise: OpenMarket resolves the complexities and fragmentation of the mobile ecosystem by providing expertise in mobile engagement solutions, regulatory compliance and industry best practices.
• 15 years of industry experience powering thousands of mobile campaigns
• Award-winning, live 24/7 technical support services, spanning all time zones
Service Flexibility: OpenMarket’s portfolio of solutions, flexible Mobile Engagement Platform and professional services allow enterprises to support multiple use cases for customers and employees.
• APIs and Service Editor support customisation across use cases and enable developers and business users to create and manage mobile programs.
• Support for smart and interactive messaging across multiple mobile channels, including SMS, MMS, push notifications, payments, email and voice, enabling you to meet business needs
• The platform’s workflow engine manages the heavy lifting, including the service flow logic, the message channels used, inputs from internal and external sources, and message personalisation.
Demonstrated Performance and Reliability: Global enterprises trust OpenMarket with their mobile engagement business because of their scalable and highly reliable platform, industry-leading SLAs and operational expertise.
• Industry-leading, cloud-based Mobile Engagement Platform allows enterprises to create custom mobile solutions without the need for their own technical infrastructure
• 400+ enterprise customers, including 4 out of the top 10 global brands; ability to reach 3 billion mobile users
• Flexible, scalable platform architecture, processing over 1 billion messaging interactions per month
• Demonstrated 99.99% availability using autonomous, geo-redundant systems
Global Scale: A number of the world’s largest enterprises choose OpenMarket for their global reach, market leadership, capacity and support, helping them engage with their customers and employees globally.
• Connectivity to more than 200 countries globally, accessing 3 billion mobile users while processing over 1 billion messaging interactions per month
• Serving more than 400 enterprises worldwide with an experienced staff of 200
Corporate Maturity: Enterprises partner with OpenMarket for their breadth of solutions, industry expertise, financial stability, mature business practices, data security and privacy policies. All of which help minimise business risk and optimise ROI.
• 15 years of experience delivering mobile engagement solutions across different organisational departments, industries and mobile channels
• A wholly owned subsidiary of Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX), a multibillion dollar public company with 250+ service provider customers in 70 countries
• Mature security and privacy standards including adherence to country-specific regulations, Safe Harbor, PCI and GLBA compliance, and targeting ISO27001 certification
To find out more about OpenMarket visit www.openmarket.com.