THIS WORKING GROUP IS NOW CLOSED.
The Digital Marketing Working Group (DMWG) is the specialist working group of L2 providers set up to look at the issues that are experienced by members using digital marketing aimed at UK mobile consumers.
Issues range from affiliate driven malware, affiliate fraud, misleading practices targeted at the advertising funds and placement advertising inappropriately reaching children through Apps and YouTube.
Three areas under the Working Groups focus are:
Affiliate marketing issues: (including malware, adware, misleading promotions etc.), how these manifest, how to control risk, how to apply controls, how to put pressure on affiliate networks to exercise controls, detecting of issues and collaborative notification of issues.
Regulatory approach: regulatory approach towards advertisers using digital marketing, proportionate and pragmatic treatment and the advertisers evidence demonstrating that controls are in place.
Children access to services via advertising not aimed at children but where the content may be attractive to children (such as games).
Subscription sign-up. Consumer complaints indicate that consumers appear to be unaware that they were committing to a subscription service and once committed did not use the tools available to cancek the subscription.
- 2017 12 12 - meeting-notesDRAFT meeting notes from Digital Marketing Working Group 12th December 2017
- 2018 03 15 - Digital Marketing PresentationDigital Marketing Working Group Presentation 15th March 2018
- 2017 01 01 - DMWG presentation18th January Digital Marketing Working Group meeting presentation
- 2016 10 01 - DMWG Meeting20th September Digital Marketing meeting notes (draft)
- 2016 09 20 - DMWG Meeting20th September Digital Marketing meeting Presentation
- 2016 06 21 - DMWG meeting notes21st June Digital Marketing meeting notes
- 2016 03 02 - DMWG meeting notes22nd March Meeting notes from Digital Marketing Working Group
- 2016 03 01 - DMWG Meeting PresentationPresentation from Digital Marketing Working Group 22nd March 2016 meeting
- 2015 07 01 - DMWG Meeting presentationDigital Marketing Working Group Presentation from July 15 meeting
- 2015 08 01 - Payforit Update MeetingDigital Marketing Working Group Payforit Update Meeting August 2015
- 2015 12 01 - Consumer Contracts Regulation Workshop Meeting Notes 9Dec15Meeting Notes from Consumer Contracts Workshop
- 2015 06 01 - April 15 meeting-notes 2605Meeting notes from April 15 Digital Marketing Working Group
- 2015 04 01 - Feb 15 DMWG draft meeting notesMeeting notes from Feb 2015 meeting
- 2014 09 01 - DMWG Draft meeting notes July 14Draft notes from Digital Marketing Working Group Sept 14
- 2014 11 01 - DMWG Meeting Sep 2014Draft Guidance Document to be produced for discussion Nov 2014 to assist providers to ensure consumer clarity and opt-in is achieved./ Version 7.1 here>>
- 2014 01 01 - DMWG Meeting Jan 2014Meeting Notes from Digital Marketing Working Group 30 Jan 14
- 2014 05 01 - DMWG Meeting May 2014Meeting Notes from Digital Marketing Working Group 21 May 14