PhonepayPlus released their consultation on the 13th Code
AIME summary of the proposed changes are:
- Live services spend cap of £45, with £15 reminders
- Childrens’ Services max £3 per item £12-£20 per month
- Email and web based support permitted as well as phone based
- Price caps /reminders removed from code and put onto a website to provide flexibility
- Prior permission regime completely overhauled. Most prior permission requirements built into code
- Prior permission overhaul has introduced a risk to subscription services
- Certain categories of provider / service are exempted from registration requirement
- Earlier notice of Track 2 starting so that corrective action can be taken.
- Earlier withhold of revenue if PPP instigates a Track2.
- Test for unreasonableness not required for a Review of a Tribunal decision.
- Providers must go through paper-based tribunal first – exceptions have to be by evidenced based request
- Changes to the ‘Vulnerability’ definition and scope
- Changes to its power to determine L1 / L2 status (current rule 5.3.8c)
AIME polled Members views and also ran a workshop on 19th August. The final AIME Consultation response is available from the link below.