The purpose of aimm’s Board is to ensure that the trade association achieves its mission and goals. They set the long and short term directions and ensure that the finances are in good order. Board members are elected from the aimm membership by aimm members.
The Board exists to ensure that the association’s members interests are being upheld. The aimm Board is also expected to contribute towards the success of aimm, to act as a conduit to increase membership, prevent loss of membership, participate in initiatives and working groups and share their individual expertise into aimm, to help the Executive and members to gain benefit from their expertise.
The elected Board members make collective decisions that will affect aimm’s direction. No single Board member can influence the direction of aimm without full Board approval.
The aimm Board also recruits relevant expertise to ensure the full breadth of membership interests are represented fairly. These Board members are called co-opted members and they do not have any voting rights.
Board meetings are held quarterly and concentrate on:
- Strategic direction and decisions
- Giving direction and guidance to the Executives activities
- Policy changes
- Budget approval and financial governance
- Where required, approve membership applications
- Set and monitor aimm’s annual objectives & KPI’s
- Where required adjudicate on members’ conduct and the aimm Code of Ethics when appropriate
Board elections are held every year in early March with 50% of the board retiring from their position.